Special immigration Juvenile Status (SIJS) Applications

Special immigration Juvenile Status (SIJS) Applications

Non-citizen children who have been neglected, abused, or abandoned by a parent may be able to get a green card (U.S. lawful permanent residence) through “Special Immigrant Juvenile Status” (SIJS)¬†.Non-citizen juveniles (i.e., children) in the United States are sometimes abused, neglected, or abandoned by their parents. This may be because these juveniles are in the United States without parents or because their parents in the United States are unable to care for them.

Your first step should be to contact the concerned attorneys at Perlmutter Law Firm today about your situation. These knowledgeable New York lawyers are ready to sit down to talk with you and help determine if you are eligible to apply for SIJ status. They can also represent you in New York Family Court proceedings before your application is filed with USCIS. Talk with them before you contact any government agency.


155-03 Jamaica Ave
Jamaica NY 11432


(718) 558-4263

Follow Us

This is attorney advertising. The information you receive at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding your own situation. This website is not sponsored or associated with any particular linked entity unless so stated. The existence of any particular link is intended solely to provide site visitors with information which may be of interest to them. The Perlmutter Law Firm takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of information contained on a linked site. Neither information obtained through this site, nor queries submitted to The Perlmutter Law Firm establishes an attorney-client relationship.